Some high performance children and teens drive themselves (and their parents) crazy trying to achieve their idealized version of success. Their obsession with perfection causes them to feel that anything less than perfect is a failure, and the only way to get attention is to be perfect. In this presentation, parents will contrast elements of an unhealthy home with a healthy home and answer the following questions:
- What kind of support do our kids need to achieve academically, athletically and artistically?
- How much involvement is too much?
- When are kids too busy?
- What are the 5 essentials for a healthy home?
- Raising a capable child
- How do we parent one child who is low on motivation and another who stresses over performance?
- Tiger Mom vs. Koala Dad
- How not to spoil or over-indulge your child
Timothy Smith - the Parents Coach, and author of 20 books, including “The Danger of Raising Nice Kids” and “Simple Solutions for Families in the Fast Lane,” will guide parents into developing a customized strategy that will guide them to enhance success, motivation and support without adding stress to their family. Practical tools will also be shared that work with children, middle school and high school students.
Watch Tim on an recent national interview on Fox & Friends, talking about ‘The Danger of Raising Nice Kids’.
Bring this vital seminar to your community. Contact Tim.
Coming up at Oaks Christian School Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM www.oakschristian.org $10 – Open to the public.